- Date and Time: February 18, 2017. Winery Registration is open from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm. NOTE: Tables not staffed by 1:00 pm will be forfeited. Doors open to the public at 1:15 p.m. even though the published event time is 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. If it is raining, doors will open for the public at 1:00 PM.
- Location: Festival Pavilion, Fort Mason Center in San Francisco: Fort Mason. Wineries are responsible for transporting their own wine to the tasting. Wine cannot be shipped to the tasting in advance.
- Attendees: Full Table: Maximum 2 staff per table. Additional staff must purchase tickets to attend, available. NO trade tickets, as well.
- For wineries that reserved a table before the judging, plaques will be on the tables at the event. Please let me know if you will be cancelling your table so we can ship your award to you after the event. All Silver and higher awards will be on one plaque. Bronze awards are recognized on winejudging.com
- Arrival: Drop-off wine in front of the Pavilion. Parking is where you can find it. If you arrive early you should have no problem securing a space on Ft. Mason grounds or he adjacent Crissy Field Parking Lot. A shuttle makes a loop from Crissy Field to the Festival Pavilion from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. If you need a shuttle to get your winery stuff back to your car, leave at 4:30 PM to get the shuttle before the public packs out.
- We provide a 6′ table, cloth, signage, and dump bucket on each table. We encourage wineries bringing additional food for the public.
- There will be NO ICE available at the event because of insurance. Bring your own ice and cooling containers if needed.
- There will be water stations in designated areas of the building. If you wish to have water on your table, bring your own pitcher. Otherwise rinse with wine when necessary. Bring your own recyclable container for drinking water.
- Limit tastes to ¾ ounce. Stop pouring at 4:30 PM as required by the ABC Temporary License. All bottles must be off of the table at 4:45 p.m. Safety concerns and the law are paramount. Encourage responsible tasting and discourage drunkenness.
- Recommended amount of wine to bring….1 case each of Gold and better winners, and mixed case of other awards. Any other wine from your winery may be poured at the table also. We have staff to assist getting wines to your table while you park your car.
The San Francisco Conservation Corps has made things as simple as possible. Just follow these easy steps to help reduce the ecological impact of this event!
- PLEASE place all wine bottles back into their original cases. They will be collected after the event
- All plates, utensils and napkins are compostable and go in the yellow cans.
If you need to cancel your table at the public tasting, please call Cary at 707-291-7707.