Mazzocco Winery of Wilson Artisan Wineries will host this year’s highly-anticipated 2016 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition’s Official Judges Dinner. The 2016 Official Wine Judges Dinner is the highlight of the week for our prestigious judges from all over America.
Mazzocco Winery, nestled in the rolling hills of Sonoma County, is famous for its robust vineyard-designate Zinfandels. Mazzocco has long been a favorite destination for wine enthusiasts, and its vineyards provide premium quality fruit which is carefully selected to create outstanding handcrafted wines.
Mazzocco’s winemaker, Antoine Favero, was born in the Champagne region of France. At an early age he lived in a Peruvian fishing village in South America before coming to Northern California at age nine. He first developed a passion for enology and winemaking during his time attending the University of California at Davis. Antoine now brings his innovation and talent to Mazzocco to produce wines that express the unique varietal characteristics of each vineyard site. At last year’s 2015 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, Mazzocco Zinfandels won best of Class, Double Gold, and Gold awards.
Wilson Artisan Wineries offer exceptional wines and scenery in Sonoma County’s Alexander Valley, Dry Creek Valley, Russian River Valley, Mendocino County and Valley of the Moon. The Wilson Artisan Wineries were founded by Ken and Diane Wilson, and each boutique winery is managed with an emphasis on hands-on cultivation practices and sustainable farming. The Wilson Artisan Wineries include:
Wilson Winery, Mazzocco Sonoma, Matrix Winery, deLorimier Winery, Jaxon Keys Winery, Soda Rock Winery, Pezzi King Vineyards & St. Anne’s Crossing
Mazzocco Winery of Wilson Artisan Wineries
Hosts of the Annual Judges Dinner
- 2015 Annual Judges Dinner: Francis Ford Coppola Winery
- 2014 Annual Judges Dinner: Wilson Artisan Wineries
- 2013 Annual Judges Dinner: DeLoach Vineyards
- 2012 Annual Judges Dinner: The Hess Collection
- 2011 Annual Judges Dinner: Clos du Bois Winery
- 2010 Annual Judges Dinner: Trione Vineyards & Winery
- 2009 Annual Judges Dinner: Rodney Strong Vineyards
- 2008 Annual Judges Dinner: Stonestreet Alexander Mountain Estate
- 2007 Annual Judges Dinner: Brown-Forman Wines
- 2006 Annual Judges Dinner: Peju Winery, Rutherford. Hosts: Tony, Herta, and Lisa Peju
- 2005 Annual Judges Dinner: Kendall Jackson Wine Estates, Santa Rosa. Hosts: Jess Jackson & Barbara Banke
- 2004 Annual Judges Dinner: Robert Mondavi Winery, Oakville. Hosts: Robert and Margrit Mondavi
- 2003 Annual Judges Dinner: Gallo of Sonoma, Healdsburg. Host: Gina Gallo
- 2002 Annual Judges Dinner: Korbel Champagne Cellars, Geyserville. Host: Chris Wills
- 2001 Annual Judges Dinner: Beringer Wine Estates, Asti. Host: Tom Peterson