SFCWC, the Largest Competition of North American Wines
We are proud to celebrate 20 years of partnership! The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition & Tasting continues to be an integral part of our mission to support the growth of the wine industry and the education of wine consumers in the Bay Area and beyond. And each successive year has been a step above the last – reaching and impacting more wineries and more people than ever before.
Publisher & CEO, San Francisco Chronicle
The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition is the definitive competition for American wines. To win a medal here — to stand out in a crowd of 7,000-plus submissions — is an enormous accomplishment for a winery, and can play a crucial role in establishing its reputation.
Wine, Beer and Spirits editor, San Francisco Chronicle
- Your wines are judged by distinguished and competent judges from across the country who are drawn from the media, education, trade and restaurant/ hospitality industries.
- Multiple price ranges and varieties are judged separately to find winners in each category.
- One of the few major competitions that award wineries large size plaques for silver and higher wine awards
- Downloadable wine award stickers available for wineries point of sale marketing programs
- All awards recognized on competition website www.winejudging.com and in major press releases
- Gold and above are included in a 40+ page special section in the San Francisco Chronicle, readership of more than 1.7 million.
- Gold and above are included in SFGATE, 30 million unique users each month.