For Immediate Release
Media Contact: Frances Larose / Amanda Madsen
650.548.6700 / email@example.com
For 17 years, the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition (SFCWC) has set the standard for how consumers measure and select their wine. The San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition is the largest competition of American wines in the world, breaking records again last year with an astonishing 7,164 entries. Submissions came pouring in from boutique wineries and large scale producers spanning 28 different states across the country. In this first competition of the year, the wines are evaluated by over 60 of the most prestigious wine judges in the United States from all areas of the wine industry including media, trade, education, retail and restaurant/hospitality.
Participation in the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition has a numerous benefits for wineries who win awards, including:
- Winery award winners are recognized in a 30+ page San Francisco Chronicle Special Wine Section in early February 2017, reaching over one million people in the greater San Francisco Bay Area, the richest wine demographic in the world.
- Award winners are featured prominently on radio and television shows including KGO Radio and NBC Bay Area.
- Major retailers sponsor the event and highlight it to their memberships of thousands of loyal customers.
- Winning wines receive exposure throughout the year on WineJudging.com and the SFCWC’s Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Silver and above winners receive prestigious commemorative plaques which can be displayed in tasting rooms and at winery events.
- Sweepstakes and Best of Class winners are published on SF Gate.com and recognized in numerous consumer and wine related media outlets such as the San Francisco Chronicle, Wine Press Northwest, Wine & Spirits Magazine, and the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.
- Many winners are invited to pour at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition’s Public Tasting, a consistently sellout event drawing a young, affluent demographic.
Year after year, wineries return with more entries because they see the intrinsic value that a SFCWC Award Winner title can bring, including increased sales and recognition. Registration for the competition is easy using Enofile Online, a state of the art wine management system. Entries are currently being accepted for the 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, the largest competition of American wines in the world.
The deadline for entries is November 20, 2016.